How to Make Crispy Shredded Chicken at Home?
We all love Chinese food, aren’t we? The aromatic flavors, less butter and creams, combinations, and excellent taste make it one of the best cuisines you can ever try. Besides being the oldest cuisine, its complex and exotic flavors make it quite different from European cuisine. And we love that for us.
When I talk about Chinese food, one recipe has to be hands down the best of all. Yes, you guessed it right; I am referring to Crispy Shredded Chicken!
Whether you love Chinese food or not, this one recipe is to die for. Loved and adored by millions of people, this recipe had to be on the top of my cooking list.
I am a food lover who loves to cook and eat delicious meals. That is why I look for recipes that are mouth-watering yet fresh and light. And my friends, you need to try the recipe of making crispy shredded chicken at home.
After trying out a few different recipes and versions of making shredded chicken, I have found the authentic one for you to try as well.
I made this sweet and savory chicken recipe at home about two months ago, and honestly, I cannot stop making it ever since. It is absolutely delicious, and everybody finishes it every time I make it. Trust me; it is finger-licking good! If you are already hungry and want to learn how to make crispy shredded chicken at home easily, be sure to check out this article until the end.
How to Make Crispy Shredded Chicken?
The crispy shredded chicken and vegetables tossed with a sweet-savory sauce can be used as a base for a number of dishes. Unlike those dishes with a wet gravy-like sauce that flows around the plate, this beauty features the honey and chili sauce entirely coating the chicken. If this does not make you hungry, I do not know what will. In addition to this, the sauce compliments the chicken perfectly. It is up to you if you want to serve the sauce with the dish or coat your chicken with it, just like I like it.
Some people like to make tacos or wraps with this chicken recipe, while others like to enjoy this dish with a steamed rice bowl. So, you can play around with this recipe to turn it into your favorite dish, keeping the crispy shredded chicken part the same.
For me, this chicken recipe goes well with a bowl of steamed or fried rice. A lot of you have been asking about this recipe, so here it is. This dish is very easy to make and does not take too long to cook. You only need about 15 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of cooking time. Therefore, you can cook this dish in just 35 minutes. Therefore, without any delay, let us dive into the recipe.
What Tools Would You Require To Cook?
To make any meal, you need to have a few tools and equipment on hand. Similarly, when you are making this chicken recipe at home, make sure to have everything before you even start cooking. Here is the list of tools and equipment you need:
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- Small Bowl or cup
- Cutting board
- Cooking rack/paper towels
- Serving plate
These were all the main tools you need to have before starting with the cooking procedure. If you feel like using other tools at your convenience, feel free to use them.
Ingredients for Making Crispy Shredded Chicken
- 250 g of Boneless chicken thigh or chicken breast
- Rapeseed or sunflower oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour
- 3-4 Spring onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Thumb sized piece of ginger
- Bell pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 large red chili
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ tablespoon of black pepper
Ingredients for Stir Fry Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Method for Making Crispy Shredded Chicken:
- Cut the boneless chicken thigh or breast into thin slices. Use a cutting board for this part because you would want to have perfectly sliced chicken slices.
- Take a medium-sized mixing bowl and add chicken slices into it.
- Now, you need to cut a handful of spring onions, one bell pepper, red chili, and ginger into thin slices.
- Now, you need to take garlic paste, light soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, black pepper, and basically all the ingredients mentioned in the marinate list to add to your chicken strips.
- Mix all the ingredients well with your chicken and leave them to marinate for almost 15 minutes. Leaving your chicken for margination is crucial as it will allow all the flavors to infuse with chicken strips.
- Now take a small bowl or cup and add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, honey, and fresh lemon juice to prepare stir-fry sauce.
- Mix all these ingredients well and let them set aside.
- Now, add one egg white into the marinated chicken slices, and again you need to mix it well.
- To make chicken slices crispy, add salt and flour into a separate bowl.
- Coat the chicken slices and set them aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok or cooking pan.
- Deep-fry the chicken in batches for about 1-2 minutes till they are crispy and perfectly golden brown.
- Once fried, take the chicken slices out of oil and transfer them to a paper towel or cooling rack.
- After you have fired all the chicken strips, pour out all the oil.
- In the same wok or pan, drizzle 1-tablespoon worth of oil, add the garlic and red chili, and stir for about a minute or so.
- Add the bell pepper slices and stir again for a few seconds.
- Pour the stir fry sauce you prepared earlier and let it simmer for a few seconds.
- Finally, add your chicken strips and sliced onions to the wok to heat for another few minutes. Make sure the sauce is coating the chicken strips well.
- Transfer to the serving plate, and serve with hot steamed rice or stir-fry noodle immediately.
Voila! The perfect sweet and savory crispy chicken is all ready to enjoy!
Crispy Shredded chicken is one of the most loved dishes from Chinese cuisine around the world. Loved by kids and adults, this dish is to die for. You can make it on special occasions or just for a weekend with your FAM. I have mentioned all the steps in detail for you to try this delicious recipe at home. I enjoy it with my family, and I hope you will love it too.