How to Clean Ceramic Hob
Don’t we all just love that elegant finish that ceramic hobs give to our kitchens? Seamlessly fitted but evidently standing out with its glassy features, ceramic hobs are the porcelain dolls of the modern kitchens. Here are a few tips and trick to keep these elegant hobs in top form, as we all know that a tiny little stain can flaw its features.
How do you Get Marks off a Ceramic Hob?
There are fortunately a lot of methods and cleaning products to get marks off of your ceramic hob. Each method comes with precise directions to ensure that your hob is back to its elegant standard. With just a few cleaning tools, and products, your ceramic hob will be flawless in no time.
What Is The Best Cleaner For Ceramic Cooktop?
When looking at ceramic cooktop cleaners there are various to choose from, however, we all want to know which of these products actually work the best in cleaning your hob to perfection. Unbelievably, I have tried most of them, and I found the best one to be the humble home ready of white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda. The action of the bicarbonate of soda paired with the vinegar ensures a bright sparkling cooktop.
How Do You Clean a Black Glass Hob
Depending on the severity of the caked-in grime on a black glass hob, cleaning it back to its original state can be somewhat of a hassle. Here are a few tips to get your black glass top squeaky clean.
- Using a glass scraper, remove all food remnants from your glass hob.
- Pour over your hob cleaner and evenly distribute it throughout the surface.
- Leave the cleaner on the surface for 10 minutes.
- Using a micro fibre cloth, rub in the cleaner to remove the loosened grime.
- Rinse clothe and wipe off the remaining cleaner
Make sure that the glass top is cool before cleaning. This method should give you a clean black and shiny glass hob.
How Do You Get Burn Marks Off a Hob?
You can use a cleaning product that is best suited to you, but I have found that using citric acid together with lemon juice and water completely eliminates burn marks of off my hob. These two, paired together are actually quite dynamic when it comes to spotlessly cleaning glass and ceramic.
Why is it Important to Clean Glass Ceramic?
It is important to clean glass ceramic because not only does it compliment the look of your kitchen, but also measures up to the health requirements for daily living. The bacteria build-up in glass ceramic can be hazardous to health if left un-cleaned. A neglected glass ceramic will eventually cause irreversible damage.
How do I Prevent Scratches on My Glass Hob?
We all want our glass hobs to keep their beauty and magnificent shine, but to have that there are a few things that we will need to put into practice. If these few simple tips are followed, you will be able to preserve that flawless look on your glass hob. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when using your glass hob.
- Clean your glass hob after every use.
- Make sure that your pots are evenly based.
- Do not drag your pots on the top of your glass hob.
- Remove your pots from your glass hob as soon as they are cool enough to do so.
You can also invest in a glass hob protective cover for maximum protection.
How Do I Prevent Caked-on Food Remnants On My Glass Cooktop?
For food remnants to become caked onto your cooktop it would have had to be neglected for some time. To prevent caked on food remnants, taking the necessary steps to clean your cooktop after every use will benefit you in the long run. A daily cleaning will prevent any sort of caking, ensuring a clean and sparkly glass cooktop.
How Many Methods Are There?
There are many methods available to keep your ceramic hob squeaky clean. Which method you choose to use is up to you. Here are a few tried and tested methods that you can use.
- Bicarbonate of soda + Vinegar + Dishwashing liquid – this method is convenient and easy. Mix together 3 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda with 3 tablespoons vinegar and a drop of dishwashing liquid.
- Citric Acid + Lemon juice + water – mix together 2 tablespoons of citric acid with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 cup of water.
- Dishwashing liquid + Lemon juice – Make a soapy paste with 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
These 3 methods are known to be magicians as they clean and shine your cooktops to perfection.
How to Clean a Glass Hob?
To get your glass hob back to its old self again, any of the methods mentioned above will work. A solution of 3 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda, and 3 tablespoons of vinegar, with a drop of dishwashing liquid would be miraculous. Your glass hob will be as good as new.
Why Do Micro fibre Cloths Work So Well?
Micro fibre cloths are quite macho as they have the ability to lift and hold heavy liquids, grease and grime, and anything that flaws a surface. Their light static charge attracts dust and grime giving it the ability to clear unwanted messes. They are an asset to keep around the house as they are masters at picking up those unwanted spills.
Top 5 Best Cleaning Products
With the hundreds of cleaning products available on the market knowing which one would do the best job is a brain teaser. Here are the top performers in the UK’s best cleaning products.
- HG stove brite cleaner – known for its sparkle.
- HG stove glass cleaner – Known for its shine.
- Hob heaven – Always coming out brighter on the other side.
- Bicarbonate of soda + vinegar + dishwashing liquid – The dynamite.
- Citric Acid + Lemon juice – The bomb.
Ensuring that the proper directions for each product is followed, your ceramic hob should be bright and shiny in no time at all.